Thursday 15 March 2012

Potential Women’s Tour in the Future!


Every athletes dream is to travel the world and play the sport they love playing in the country it originated from. In a previous post I talked about how the Senior Men’s team is going on a tour to England and Wales in the summer of 2012, yes we are all jealous of them, but we hope to have a Senior Women's tour in the near future! (The summer of 2013 to be exact; or we hope)

Like every team that Mississauga Blues has to offer, we are like family and we all have respect for each other, so how much fun would it be to go to a different country with the people you love? I don’t know how to picture anything better, all I know is that I really hope that Mike Curran puts it together and helps us fundraise and organize a potential Women's tour. It is only fair that the Under 18 girls and Senior Men are going; we have to experience what they have well!

Where I would like to go is New Zealand, Ireland, England, or Wales; or maybe all of them, just a tour around the world, WHY NOT!? However, either one would be a great experience. Rugby is so close to my heart and I would love to learn where it originated from, and learn from the people who have played all their lives. First of all, I know that Rugby is huge in these countries and it would just be a blast to party, drink, and play Rugby like the real pros do.

Now all we need to do to make this dream happen is to create awareness, let people know that this is what we want to do, and what we are hoping for in the near future. We need to ask for help, we can’t do this alone and we need your/family/friends help to fundraise and raise money for a Senior Women's tour 2013. I know that this would make me extremely happy as well as the other girls on my team, this is what we have been waiting for... and it is going to happen. I can feel it.

*The picture above was taken by my friend; she backpacked through Europe and this picture was taken in Ireland, and right away she thought of me because she knows how much I love Rugby.

No comments:

Post a Comment