Thursday 8 March 2012

Best Coach - Matt Piemontese


A coach is someone an athlete looks up to, someone that they want to impress, someone that is dedicated, and loves what they do. This is why I think that Matt Piemontese is the best coach that Mississauga Blues has. Now I say this because he is the only coach we have had for the past couple years for the Senior Women’s, and I know that the other coaches that Mississauga Blues has are the best as well, but for my personal experience (and I can speak for the other girls on my team), Matt “Peamont” is the best, most dedicated coach we’ve ever had.

Mississauga Blues practices two times a week and have our games almost every Saturday from June –August, and without a doubt Pe-mon, Pea, Peamont, and Piemontese (so many nicknames I can’t keep up) will always be there. He is the kind of person that you try your hardest to impress. For a Streetsville graduate, I know that I would want to impress Peamont because he is the coach for the Philip Pocock Secondary School girls’Rugby team and when I was in high school they were always the team to beat, they were amazing! When I found out that he was going to be the coach for the Mississauga Blues, I knew that he wouldn’t take any slacking off and he was the person to impress.

Rain or shine, Peamont will be there, practicing with us, doing all the drills with us, showing what to do; instead of telling us what to do. HE IS AMAZING! The best thing I love about Peamont is his voice, NO matter where you are on the field; you can be all the way across the field, you can hear him screaming. He will be shouting down the field, letting you know what to do next, what you are going great, and what you can fix (and yes this is while we are playing). Running back and forth with us, and just being the best coach that any team could have.

Now we have to say good bye, he isn’t moving away or going to a different team (let’s face it, I don’t think that he could stand to lose; because we are the first place team and will always be!) he is now just coaching the Under 18 team, and my team mates and I know that they are in very good hands. We are defiantly going to miss him. Thank you Matt Piemontese! You are the best coach Mississauga Blues Senior Women’s has ever had!!

No comments:

Post a Comment