Thursday 23 February 2012

Whose Brilliant Idea was it to Start the Club??


I’ll tell you who came up with this wonderful idea, it was Mike Curran; with a few others for support. When I met Curran, right away I knew what the type of guy he was... well I was a student and he was a teacher, but I knew that he was a kind of teacher that was dedicated and fun to be around and I knew there was no doubt that he would be coaching the Streetsville boys Rugby team.

Mike Curran started coaching at Brampton RFC, and there were a bunch of kids from Mississauga high schools with nowhere to play Rugby, and let’s get real here, who doesn’t like to play Rugby.

Over the past few years this club has been growing strong. It started in 2008 with the under 16 team with a little over 100 players, as time grew on, so did the club. It ran from Under 12 year olds, Under 14 year olds, Under 15 year olds, Under 16 year olds (boys), and an Under 17 year olds team (girls). With year six coming around the corner, Mississauga Blues Rugby Club has 300 members with 14 incredible teams ranging from Under 10 year olds Flag Rugby to Senior Men and Women and I am proud to present that we are now one of the largest Rugby club in Ontario.

This is all thanks to Mike Curran; it has been an amazing ride to get new and returning players each year. With the tour coming up, and a new season, Curran is still the dedicated and fun person I met 6 years ago.

Thanks Curran! We appreciate everything you have done for this club.

No comments:

Post a Comment